The temperature’s dropped, the lights are on, the animal stories are in the paper and Christmas Coca Cola truck is outside the Forum against a backdrop of hourly fake snow showers; it must be Christmas time!
Just for fun, here are some festive snippets to be enjoyed with a glass of mulled wine and some left over turkey and pickled onions.
The surname Christmas is a fairly common one in these parts. Just a few examples:
- John Christmas Mann, baptised 28 August 1830 at Cley next the Sea.
- Eliza Holley Christmas, baptised 18 March 1794 at Holt
- Christian Christmas, baptised 10 December 1608 at Colkirk
- John Worship, married 27 September 1791 at Hindolveston – witness William Christmas
- Harriet Louisa Tinsel, baptised 11 November 1803 at Great Yarmouth
In a more general sense, www.familysearch.org has (accessed today):
- 182,121 results for first name ‘Santa’
- 206,651 for ‘Rudolf’
- 64 results for surname ‘Bauble’
- 1548 results for surname ‘Turkey’
- Seven listings for surname ‘Reindeer’
- 13,679 Dashers; 23,704 Dancers; 30 Prancers; 279 Vixens; 1578 Comets; 1,717 Cupids; 36,931 Donners and 107 Blitzens.
- 1973 results with surname ‘Elf’
- 12,608 hits for surname ‘Sprout’
- …and a christening for a Lilian Ruth Christmas Tree on 18 January 1903 at Hackington, Kent
Post yours below!
Merry Christmas to you and yours.